Friday 14 February 2014

Life Drawing

Our first task in our third life drawing session was to capture our life model moving. I wasn't too sure about this when started, but halfway through when I saw the image taking place I enjoyed it. It resembles frame by frame drawing for animation. 

We then focused on keeping the body balanced in different positions and doing these in quick timed drawings. I learnt that by mapping out the pose and balance first with lines resembling a stick man, make it a lot easier to flesh out the rest of the drawing. Whereas I usually start drawing the outlines first.

This drawing was done by two other people and myself. It started off with me doing a quick unfinished sketch of our model, then we would swap and try to correct it (if it needed it) and work on further more on it and this was then repeated a second time. This was the outcome of mine. 

This was done using chalk on black paper and I was filling out the image firstly by drawing in the highlights and working on from there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment