Saturday 18 October 2014

Life Drawing

These images are all from the life drawing sessions I've had so far this second year. These ones are very short timed drawings, just trying to capture the shape of the model. I guess my main goal this year is to try and not make my drawings stiff. Even though these are very rough, I do feel like I have managed to not make them rigid.




These next two images are done by having the model move around and we have to try and capture the movements. I'm not going to lie I'm not a big fan of doing this because I just get confused and it looks messy. However I do like the first one here as you can see some form than in the second image.



These next set of images we were draw with the side of the charcoal so that we wouldn't draw the outline first. We were to get the overall shape and form first and then if there was time, work more detail into them. I really enjoyed this sort of style, and try to remember to use this in my next sessions. I find it a lot easier to catch the shape using this style.

 


These poses were to add character and emotion to them and to try and convey it on to paper.


This was done by looking at the model and not looking at the paper I was drawing on. I did accidentally peek a few times, but this one fun to do and see how it would turn out.


For this one we were told to focus on the the shape/outline of the model and instead of drawing a black line to show the shape, we were to treat the whole pose, objects as one shape and to black out the background. I find this sort of style difficult as I am so used to drawing the outline.  


I coloured the whole page in charcoal and using a rubber I rubbed out the parts where light was most prominent on the model. I'm not too happy with this one, if I had more time I would have liked to try and fix it.


These ones range from 10 to 30 minutes to draw.




These two are favourite ones from this set, I wish I had more time to finish them off. The poses are much more interesting to draw. I would have loved to add more detail to them. 








No comments:

Post a Comment